Friday, January 4, 2013

Dog food?


"Evil Eye", ink wash, 10" x 12" 2013

"Once a dog barked at a mask I made; that was the most honorable comment I ever received."
- Lenora Carrington
I have had dogs bark at my work before as well - a self portrait (thanks poodle) and a sculpture.  However, I have never had a dog try to eat my work before. I know the piece above is creepy - hence why I named it, "Evil Eye". Apparently my exceedingly well-behaved, never-even-so-much-as-looked at-a-shoe-sideways dog didn't like this piece because I came home to find it on the floor with soggy, chewed edges. Everyone's a critic.








      So I'm thinking about illustrating a classic story or poem with watercolors. The above image is from "Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner". I've also thought about, "The Love Song of Alfred J. Prufrock". 
Anyone have any suggestions? Please comment below :)

2 comments:

  1. The red positively drips with sturated color. I LOVE this painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy! And thank you for looking at the blog!

      Delete