Thursday, March 14, 2013

Party Animals


     Alrighty, here's the cover page of our ebook. I made it on my ipad with the Book Creator app.


And here's the last page. Rawr.
I'm heading to the local chapter of the Society for Children's Books Authors and Illustrators tonight to learn about running a kickstarter campaign as well as how to market your book with social media. I am thinking about doing a kickstarter campaign so I can get this book in print: although lots of people read ebooks now I have many friends with little ones who have asked me for a print version. I would be THRILLED to have this in a hold-in-your-hands-turn-real-pages manifestation. It is quite short (9 illustrations, 22 pages) so maybe I will finish illustrating a couple more of Amanda's poems and make it into a short collection - say three poems. Thoughts? Comments?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Meridian loves Wolves and Bears! She said your Wolves look mysterious. And we love real books! We'd totally buy this book if it was in print! If it's short stories/ poems, it could be as long as you want. The more nights we can get out of it the better!~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the last illustration / page! Do you have a link to the eBook? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mindy! Sorry for the late reply - I'm sadly not very techy so it took me a minute to figure out you had commented! Anyhow, I have not made an ebook yet. I'm meeting with the author tomorrow to discuss our ebook and print plans. I will definitely keep you in the loop! Thank you so much for your interest!

      Delete
    2. And sorry for the misspelling of your name - darn autocorrect.

      Delete