Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pinocchio's Heart - In honor of Valentine's Day

"Pinocchio's Heart"
driftwood, thread
2012


This little heArt was made from driftwood I gathered on the beautiful rocky beaches here on Bainbridge Island. The branches seemed to perfectly mimic the veins and arteries of a real heart. I have actually made a whole little body for Pinocchio - the remains of Pinocchio if he hadn't become a "real boy".
Wow. This was supposed to be a romantic post and I just got really maudlin. Disregard!!
Well anyway, here's the rest of poor little Pinocchio's body. I was kind of imagining it from the perspective of an archeologist who has discovered some old remains.  Or maybe they could have washed up on a beach somewhere? Yes, these are the things I think about.
Pinocchio's hands and feet, driftwood, 2012

Pinocchio's ribcage, driftwood, 2012




No comments:

Post a Comment