Monday, February 25, 2013

Give Me a Hand?

     All of the little hands below are made from driftwood I picked up off the beaches of Kitsap County. Here's a picture of Point No Point beach and lighthouse. The beach wraps around the other side of the lighthouse and you can walk along the sands for a good 1/2 hour. There is TONS of driftwood everywhere so I don't feel too bad taking it for sculpture purposes.
     Rob (my sweetie) and I recently went to Point No Point and beach combed - I found a femur of some sort of smallish creature (otter? seal?) with the great trochanter - hip bone- still intact! After this fortuitous find we went to a mini mart that doubles as a restaurant. We had an excellent sandwich and a beer. Beautiful beach+driftwood+bones+beer+sandwich+old lighthouse+Rob= perfect day.

P.s. I just took reference photos for my next illustration project, Hans Christian Anderson's The Little Match Girl. Hopefully I'll have something to show by tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment